Dienstag, 25. Februar 2014

Star Wars The Clone Wars Bonus Episodes 5-7 [Review]

This weekend, German television Channel "Super RTL" once again aired a missing story arc from the bonus episodes of Season 6 from The Clone Wars. This time the story centers around Senator Amidala, Anakin Skywalker and old frienemy Rush Clovis.

I really enjoyed the first one of the missing story-arcs, which was mainly about "Order 66". This one here focused once again on intergalactic politics, jealousy and scheming and was also quite impressive, however far from perfect.

The story was much quicker, left only little time for relaxed, fun moments, even though the action was quite impressive in this arc. Like last time I won't recount the story completely, rather than picking out highlights that I really enjoyed and things (if there are any) that I didn't like at all.

First of all, I loved the setting. Scipio is amazingly well-designed and the Banking-Clan buildings looked very cool and smoothly integrated into the planet's snowy mountains. In addition to that I really loved their means of transportation which highly reminded me of a mix between Jabba's Skiffs from Return of the Jedi and Santa's sleigh.
The bounty hunter the protagonists have to run from in the beginning is really cool and the downhill-chase is just thrillingly fun to watch - reminded me of a more mature version of the one in Ice Age ;-)
And then comes the dull part. Anakin and Amidala get in the middle of a big scheme: Palpatine/Sidious longs for power over the intergalactic banks and tries to use Clovis to achieve his goal.
Amidala gets entangled in the whole plot and makes Anakin jealous, since she gets quite close to Clovis in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the idea of seeing a jealous Jedi again, since that's the main reason why love is not allowed in this order, but for a 20-something-minutes TV episode it was a lot to swallow in terms of character development.
Best part about the the whole subplot is when Obi-Wan reminds his former Padawan about his blundering with Dutchess Satine and why it is so important for a Jedi to not give in to his feelings. Loved it.

Of course the whole situation gets solved and all we have is yet another really enjoyable Clone Wars Adventure (even though neither clones nor war is overly present in this one, which is fine by me).

I really do not miss Ahsoka so far and the quality of these stories is way higher than our average The Clone Wars episode. Now I totally understand why they didn't throw these stories away but wanted to show the audience what great plans they had for season 6.

I definitely enjoyed these three episodes, much more than the single Jar-Jar Episode they aired after that...



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen